Fund Type: Fully Funded.
Course Level: Postgraduate Studies.
Application Deadline: Applications open at 1 Jan 2019 & close 31 Oct 2019.
Target Group: International Students.
Scholarship Description: Funded by the Government of Japan, this scholarship provides an opportunity for citizens of the Bank’s developing member countries to pursue postgraduate studies in economics, management, sciences and mathematics and technology, and other development-related fields.
Field Of Study: Agriculture, animal studies, food science and veterinary science; Commerce, economics and management; Engineering; Medicine, dentistry, health and welfare.
Number Of Awards: Approximately 4
Benefits: The scholarship provides the following benefits:
- a living allowance of $15,300 per annum paid in fortnightly instalments
- payment of tuition fees in full for the normal duration of a masters by coursework degree up to a maximum of two years
- return economy airfare to Melbourne and back to home country at the completion of the scholarship
- a contribution towards the cost of study
- payment of Overseas Student Health Cover
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- have received an unconditional offer of place for an eligible course by 31 October for commencement in the following year.
- be a citizen of the Asia Development Bank’s developing member countries
- have at least two years full-time professional work experience;
- be aged 35 years or under at the time of assessment;
- not have already completed a master degree or previously studies overseas; and
- be living and working in your home country
*Eligible courses are:
- Master of International Business
- Master of Economics
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Agricultural Science
- Master of Ecosystem Management and Conservation
If you have applied for a course that is not listed, you cannot be considered for the Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship.
Eligible students are shortlisted by the University and selected by the Asian Development Bank on the basis of academic merit and the personal attributes of the applicants.
How to Apply:
You must first submit an application for admission for one of the eligible courses for this scholarship. You will need to pay an application fee of $A100.
After you have submitted an application for admission, you must submit an online application for the Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship by 31 October. No additional scholarship application fee is required.
For further information about the scholarship program, please visit the website of the Asian Development Bank or submit a query as a future student.
When will I know the outcome?
- The University will contact short listed applicants via email in November or December with a request to provide additional information and documentation.
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome via email in January.